Saturday 2 July 2011

Pet Sitting Gig Almost Over

Well, my son comes home today from a week's vacation and I'm  proud to say his animals all survived.

He has two incredibly cute Chinchillas, four sweet degus and three fresh water fish tanks. Each one has a name and personality, including all the fish.





I was left with a long, detailed list of instructions of what to feed when and when to turn lights on and off, etc. and I'm glad my week of "worry and responsibility" is over.  

Some people ask me why he has so many pets and I just reply, "Pets are a lot of work, but I suppose well worth the enjoyment they bring into our lives or we wouldn't bother."

Now time to sign off and feed the cat before I take the dog for her walk. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Haha I don't know what a degu is either?!! Gonna have to google that one....

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second photo (below the chinchillas) shows one of his degus. They are small rodents native to Costa Rica, and they like to dust bath and eat a similar diet to the chinchillas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are ever so cute but there's no denying the care and time they need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bookmarked this website a while ago because of the interesting content and I have never been unsatisfied. Continue the good work.

    Pet Sitting Mckinney

    ReplyDelete